on Leave a Comment

Start your own music publishing company

Being a recording artist means you should have your own publishing company. This is important so you can make the most money off of your music because you own the copyrights, therefore you are the publisher as well.  First you need to be affiliated with one of the performance rights organizations.
Either ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC if you are overseas. They will have you choose a publishing name such as "John Doe Publishing". Once you are set up with one of the organizations with the anme you chose, you should then go to or call your local city or town hall and get the forms to register a fictitious name certificate, also known as a DBA (which stands for “doing business as”). You should then open a business bank account under the name of your publishing company name. You are then a legit small business. Now any songs you create, be sure to get them copyrighted in the name of your publishing company. Also be sure to register each song with your performance right organization.
Then if your song is used for radio, TV, or film, you will be paid to your publishing company.
This is what all serious musicians and recording artists do. Welcome to the music business.

Artists and bands be sure to submit your music at these radio networks as well.
www.hardcorejamz.com (Playing Hip-Hop and R&B)
www.hardcoremix.com (Rock,Pop,Country,Jazz,Electro,Gospel and more)
Submit music on either site.


Post a Comment

Copyright 2017. Powered by Blogger.